Jennic, available through GLYN High-Tech Distribution, has launched an e-learning website to introduce the fundamental concepts and principles of the ZigBee standard for modern wireless networks.
This standard is defined in the ZigBee specification from the ZigBee alliance.
The course does not assume any specific previous knowledge of wireless networks.
A technical background and a general familiarity with the idea of a network should be a sufficient foundation.
The course is divided into six modules. Each module forms a self-contained learning experience comprising a series of content pages (containing text, graphics and animations) followed by an on-screen end-of-module test.
The six modules are as follows:
- Module 1: ZigBee Essential facts and features
- Module 2: ZigBee Topologies
- Module 3: ZigBee Software architecture
- Module 4: ZigBee Applications
- Module 5: ZigBee Reliability and security
- Module 6: ZigBee Initialisation and operation.