Now available from Glyn High-Tech Distribution , the JCA044 surface-mount high-gain GPS antenna is a small active quadrifilar helix GPS antenna which provides high performance in difficult GPS applications.
JCA044 GPS antennas integrate a high-performance, high-gain, low-noise amplifier and are ideal in applications where:
- the device is handheld, body-worn, or otherwise surrounded by high-dielectric materials that would de-tune conventional antennas
- the antenna is tightly integrated with other antennas, e.g Bluetooth/GPS Receivers
- there are tight constraints on the size of the device or the amount of space allocated to ground planes
- the GPS receiver requires 20dB or more of input pre-amplification
- the orientation of the device is random
- the antenna will be embedded in the device.
JCA044 surface-mount GPS antennas are balanced, which isolates them from the device and enables the antenna to reject common mode noise present on the device ground plane.
The construction and materials of the antenna constrain its near-field to a very small volume, therefore materials near the antenna have insignificant de-tuning effects and the antenna maintains its pattern and efficiency in the presence of dielectric loading.
As a dielectrically-loaded antenna with a high performance SAW filter, the JCA044 GPS antenna effectively weakens signals from common GSM and ISM frequencies by as much as 30dB, minimizing the need for additional filtering.
JCA044 GPS antennas may be deployed in an external, “stubstyle” configuration, but are also simple to embed due to their isolation properties.
The antenna is deployed with either a black radome or an ABS plastic sleeve.