Fastrax has announced the release of the IT350 GPS receiver module that is available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution .
IT350 GPS receiver module is a drop-in replacement for U-BLOX LEA4 and LEA5. IT350 is pin-compatible and has same form factor to LEA4 and LEA5.
Compared to LEA4, the IT350 GPS receiver module has a low power consumption of only 75mW (vs. 120mW) and a fast cold start due to very high acquisition sensitivity of -143 dBm (vs. -142dBm). The IT350 GPS receiver module also uses the latest technology SiRFstarIII chip GSC3f/LPx (vs. previous generation Atmel chipset in LEA4).
The IT350 GPS receiver module has the following additional features:
- Uses SiRF GSC3f/LPx with embedded 4Mbit flash
- Size 22.4 x 17.0 x 2.3mm (equals LEA4/5, height 3.0mm)
- 75mW power consumption
- Main supply VCC @ +3.0... +3.6V
- Backup supply V_BCKP @ +1.5V... +3.6V
- Antenna bias supervisor (OK, SHORT, OPEN)
- Antenna bias short detection (disables bias if low)