Fastrax IT530 GPS modules, available from Glyn High-Tech Distribution are ultra-low power consuming and super-sensitive OEM GPS modules in a tiny form factor.
These GPS modules are manufactured by Fastrax Ltd., a pioneering developer of high performance GNSS receivers and GNSS software solutions for location-aware devices.
The Fastrax IT530 offers advanced power-saving features that ensure very fast time to first fix (TTFF) without sacrificing battery life, a critically important issue in location-aware, battery-powered consumer devices.
Fastrax IT530 GPS modules build on Fastrax’s legacy of designing extremely small, sensitive and low-power consuming GNSS receivers in the industry.
According to Fredrik Borgström, VP of GNSS Receivers at Fastrax, consumers must be able to use the increasing variety of location-aware devices without having to search for power sockets while on the move.
Fastrax’s goal is to continuously improve their technology to establish new benchmarks for fast and easy integration of location information. The IT530 is designed for OEMs to be embedded in battery-operated devices that need a fast position fix at all times without draining the battery.
Key features of Fastrax IT530 GPS modules:
- Sensitivity of -148 dBm in acquisition, -165 dBm in navigation and power consumption of just 35 mW at 3.3 V
- Form factor of 9.6mm x 9.6mm x 1.85mm, weighing only 0.4g
- Dual module reference design allows OEMs to use either of the modules, saving time and cost of PCB redesign
- Fast and convenient user experience without draining battery by keeping GPS in full power mode
- New power-saving AlwaysLocate mode prolongs battery life by intelligently controlling receiver power modes and maintaining location information
- Adaptively adjusts navigation activity to balance positioning accuracy, fix rate and power consumption
- Embedded Assist System (EASY) reduces warm-start TTFF by up to 90%
- Server-assisted EPO file transfer extends the external A-GPS service to up to 14 days
- Embedded jammer remover fights distorting EMI signals with Active Interference Cancellation (AIC)
- Embedded LOCUS logger function stores location information in the internal memory for up to 16 hours
- Supports a direct power supply connection to a lithium battery as the extended input voltage range of +3.0 - 4.3 V allows omitting an external regulator