Future Technology Devices International Limited (FTDI), available from Glyn High-Tech Distribution has strengthened its portfolio of USB semiconductor solutions with the release of the FT313H host controller IC.
The FTDI host controller IC device supports USB 2.0 hi-speed (480 Mbits/s), as well as full-speed (12 Mbit/s) and low-speed (1.5 M bit/s) implementations. The FT313H IC’s system specifications make it applicable for use across all market segments including industrial, networking, medical and consumer.
Specifically designed for easy integration, the IC adds high speed connectivity capability into a system, enabling fast data transfers, mass storage thumb-drives, addition of wireless dongles and modular system expansion through its support of standard USB class drivers.
With the capacity for direct memory access (DMA) operation, the IC can easily be combined with the system microcontroller to enhance connectivity and increase data transfer rates.
Key features of FTDI FT313H host controller ICs:
- Runs off a 3.3V supply with IO levels configurable between 1.8V and 3.3V
- Draws approximately 78 mA when in full operation and just under 200 µA while in suspend mode
- Built-in 24 kByte high speed RAM memory executes data transfer and buffering
- Multiplexed interface provides for board level interconnect through 16-bit bus, NOR or SRAM interfaces
- Downstream port can be configured to offer optimised USB charging solution for the end product
- Standardised USB charging link created between embedded host and peripheral allows increased charging to enable current levels between 0.5 A and 1.5A
- Operational temperature range of -40°C to 85°C allows functioning in demanding environments
- Available in compact Pb-free, 64-pin QFN, LQFP and TQFP packages