FTDI, available though Glyn High-Tech Distribution , has introduced its new V-Eval Kit, a hardware platform that designers can use to develop embedded USB host systems based on FTDI’s Vinculum VNC1L USB host controller chip.
Designs can be rapidly debugged using the spy mode of the supplied V-Eval software which displays the data sent between the VNC1L UART and a controller UART, for example a PIC.
Key V-Eval features include:
- Inbuilt VNC1L USB device programmer / terminal emulator / command monitor hardware
- Two VNC1L USB Host/Slave ports
- Generous prototyping area for standard DIP and SIL devices
- Multiple IO port connectors grouped by port name and/or function
- LEDs and switches for user interaction
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports
- Downloadable programming, terminal emulation and debug monitor software
- Downloadable HID class example project (VNC1L controlled USB rocket launcher) including PIC source code in C