Bluegiga Technologies has announced the availability of the Bluetooth Health Device Profile (HDP) firmware that is available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution .
The Bluetooth Health Device Profile firmware has been integrated into Bluegiga’s existing iWRAP firmware platform to ensure it is easy to use and is a reliable user interface for various medical and health applications.
The beta firmware implements both HDP sink and HDP source modes so that it can be used to pilot and build end-to-end solutions. The firmware also features the following benefits of Bluetooth Health Device Profile:
- Wireless Service Discovery
- Medical, Healthcare and Fitness Applicability
- High resolution clock synchronization
- Reliable Connection-oriented behavior
- Reliable Control Channel
- Support for Flexible Data Channel configurations
- Application-level Interoperability
- Efficient Reconnection mechanism
- Optimised for devices with low resources
Currently the firmware does not implement any of the IEEE 11073-20601 layers, but Bluegiga offers a C reference implementation that can be ported to various systems.