Glyn High-Tech Distribution offers the newly introduced Bluegiga BLE112 Bluetooth 4.0 development kits designed to shorten development cycles and time-to-market of Bluetooth 4.0 applications.
The new Bluetooth development kits are designed for the development and evaluation of Bluetooth 4.0 single mode applications as well as simplify the development of Bluetooth low energy applications by shortening development cycles and time-to-market.
Bluegiga BLE112 Bluetooth 4.0 development kit package includes:
- 1 x BLE112 evaluation board
- 1 x BLE112 Bluetooth 4.0 single mode USB dongle
- 2 x BLE112 Bluetooth 4.0 single mode modules
- 1 x Firmware programming cable
- Cables and documentation
- Access to Bluegiga’s Bluetooth 4.0 software development kit
- Single mode module targets low power sensors and accessories
- Offers all Bluetooth 4.0 single mode features including radio, stack, profiles and application space for end-user applications
- Can be used without an additional microcontroller
- Provides flexible hardware interfaces to connect sensors, button interfaces or even displays
- Powered directly with standard 3V coin cell batteries or a pair of AAA batteries
- Consumes only 400nA in lowest power sleep mode
- Bluetooth 4.0 software development kit allows in-module software development with Bluegiga's BGScript scripting language
- BGScript enables developers embed applications directly to the BLE112 module quickly
- Bluegiga’s Profile Toolkit offers a simple XML based description language for simple Bluetooth profile development
Consuming less power, Bluetooth low energy transmits data 50 times quicker than classical Bluetooth solutions. The low energy Bluetooth devices are used in various health and medical telemetry applications such as heart rate sensors, pedometers, blood pressure and glucose meters, or weight scales.
Available in two types, single-mode devices only support Bluetooth low energy, and are optimised for low-power, low-cost and small-size solutions while dual-mode devices support Bluetooth low energy and classical Bluetooth technologies, and are interoperable with all Bluetooth specification versions.