Atollic, available from Glyn High-Tech Distribution recently launched a complete embedded development package comprising of the award-winning Atollic TrueSTUDIO C/C++ development tool, and the J-Link JTAG debug probe from SEGGER Microcontroller.
The J-Link debug probe integrates seamlessly into the Atollic TrueSTUDIO development environment, and provides a true one-click debug solution, simplifying daily use.
The new embedded development package now enables embedded C/C++ developers to get a state-of-the-art tool chain for professional ARM development, and a high-quality JTAG probe for highly demanding debugging tasks.
Magnus Unemyr, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Atollic explains that the bundling of J-Link completes the feature-rich development tool for ARM devices. The deep integration of J-Link into TrueSTUDIO now offers embedded developers a one-stop-shop for professional development solutions.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO supports most ARM-based devices and evaluation boards from leading semiconductor manufacturers. With its optimising C/C++ compiler and multiprocessor-aware debugger, embedded developers can work more efficiently and be more productive.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO also includes advanced features for code editing and navigation, code complexity management as well as team collaboration.
According to Dirk Akemann, Partnership Marketing Manager at SEGGER, Atollic offers an excellent Eclipse-based development tool chain in TrueSTUDIO. With TrueINSPECTOR, TrueVERIFIER and TrueANALYZER, the tool chain is complemented by powerful test coverage solutions.
He adds that bundling TrueSTUDIO with the market-leading J-Link is the next logical step after improving the advanced J-Link integration in all their tools from debuggers to code analysers.
Key advantages of the new Atollic embedded development package:
- Atollic TrueSTUDIO project wizard auto-generates suitable debug configurations for J-Link and all supported evaluation boards
- Provides developers with a comprehensive development and debug environment that works straight from the box
- SEGGER J-Link, a USB powered JTAG emulator for ARM devices supports Serial Wire Debug (SWD) interface and Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) real-time tracing
- Fully plug-and-play J-Link debug probes uses a high-speed USB 2.0 interface with no extra power supply required
- SWV feature enables developers to do advanced system analysis and real-time tracing in the Atollic TrueSTUDIO debugger with minimal effort
- Atollic TrueSTUDIO extracts tracing information from ARM Cortex processors using the J-Link debug probe and presents it in real-time trace logs and graphical charts