Atollic AB, available through Glyn High-Tech Distribution has extended its range of embedded systems development tools with the introduction of Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM.
Engineers developing embedded systems on ARM processor-based microcontrollers can now benefit from the feature-set and integration advantages of the Atollic TrueSTUDIO development tools.
Welcoming the new addition to the ARM embedded ecosystem, Ian Johnson, Product Manager, Processor Division, ARM comments that Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM integrates a range of features, which takes advantage of the advanced features of the Cortex-M processors.
According to Magnus Unemyr, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Atollic, the launch of Atollic TrueSTUDIO for ARM brings trusted and best-in-class development and debugging tools with wide-ranging microcontroller target support to ARM processor-based embedded systems engineers.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO is a world-class development and debugging tool that offers a state-of-the-art editor, an optimising C/C++ compiler and a multiprocessor-aware debugger with real-time tracing.
Supporting ARM processor-based microcontrollers from many semiconductor manufacturers, the tool suite delivers a leap in software development team collaboration and developer productivity, and offers advanced features including ARM build and debug tools, Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) tracing and graphical UML diagram editors for model-based design and architecture.
Atollic’s professional code-quality analysis and test-automation toolbox is also available to ARM developers.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO targets ARM processor-based embedded systems, offering generic support for multiple ARM CPU cores including ARM7, ARM9, Cortex-M0, Cortex-M1, Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 processors.
Atollic TrueSTUDIO also offers device-specific support for an extensive list of ARM processor-based microcontroller families, including Atmel AT91SAM, EnergyMicro EFM32, Freescale Kinetis, Fujitsu FM3, STMicroelectronics STM32, Texas Instruments Stellaris and Toshiba TX.
Key features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO embedded systems development tools:
- ECLIPSE-based IDE with a state-of-the-art editor
- x86 C/C++ build and debug tools for development of PC command-line applications
- Parallel compilation and multiprocessor debugging
- Integrated version-control system client with revision graph visualisation, enabling easy tracing of the history of code additions and revisions
- Integrated client for accessing popular bug databases including Trac and Bugzilla
- Integrated features for performing source code reviews and code review meetings
- Supports a wide range of evaluation boards and popular JTAG probes including Atmel SAM-ICE as well as ST-LINK from STMicroelectronics and J-Link from SEGGER Microcontroller
- Atollic TrueINSPECTOR, which performs static source code analysis, providing source code metrics and MISRA-C:2004 coding standard compliance control
- Atollic TrueANALYZER, which performs dynamic execution flow analysis and provides rigorous test-quality measurements to the same level as typically required for flight-safety-critical software
- Atollic TrueVERIFIER, which provides embedded test automation by performing source code analysis and auto-generating unit tests