Global Track Australia have developed pivotal crane systems. The ergonomic design features a pivotal bearing and levered swinging U-hanger producing a crane with fluid motion. It oscillates, rotates and articulates.
Global Track Australia’s pivotal crane systems can improve production and decrease workplace injuries. As these systems require less effort, the size of the bridge can be increased. Global Track Australia manufacture functional 15 metre bridges.
Following are the advantages of pivotal crane systems:
- These systems use fixed side rails with an oscillating, articulating and pivoting bridge.
- These actions are achieved by the ball pivot and a U-hanger design.
- The bridge located between the upper and lower pivots reduces sway found in cranes with pivoting side rails.
- Operator effort is reduced through the lever action created by the U-hanger.
- 250/500/1000/2000kg external track or retrofit models using universal beams or universal columns.
- 250/ 500kg internal track models using formed high tensile track.
- The shorter end carriage allows the crane bridge to move in close to walls.
Less effort is required to push the crane, when loaded on an outer end, as pivot crane systems allow the end carriages to work independently. The loaded carriage moves with the opposing end remaining motionless until the inertia of the bridge starts it moving. When the loaded carriage stops, pivot crane systems absorb the inertia as the bridge comes to a slow standstill. The long-travel rails are directly mounted on the roof support, eliminating any need for support rods, or side rail pivots. This allows for reduced head height mounting.