Gideup introduces the new Mutag BioChip MBBR carriers in the Australian market.
The Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR) process, also called the fluidised bed process is a proven and frequently used method for biological wastewater treatment and is based on the principle of bacteria being immobilised on the surface of PE carrier media suspended in the wastewater.
Developed by Mutag Germany, the new Mutag BioChip MBBR carriers are designed to eliminate significant shortcomings in conventional technology that have been impacting performance.
The Mutag BioChip is a high-performance range of MBBR carriers, providing a protected active surface of 3,000m²/m³ (compared to the conventional 800 m²/m³) for the immobilisation of microorganisms in different biological water and wastewater treatment processes.
The detailed pore system of the Mutag BioChip MBBR carriers offers the ideal conditions for thin biofilms establishing in the pores where the microorganisms are offered the optimal substrate and oxygen feed from the wastewater to be treated.
Additionally, the biofilm is controlled in its thickness by a self-cleaning process due to shear forces caused by the movement of the carrier in the wastewater.
The new Mutag BioChip MBBR carriers offer outcomes such as extremely high removal rates and reliable process stability. Mutag BioChip can be used for the biological treatment of industrial wastewaters, municipal sewage and aquaculture systems.
Key applications of Mutag BioChip MBBR carriers:
- COD/ BOD removal: Up to 200kg COD/m³ of carrier media per day
- Nitrification: Up to 4-5kg NH4-N/m³ of carrier media per day
- Large protected active surface of 3,000 m²/m³ for extremely high removal performance
- Less carrier volume needed resulting in high reserve capacities in treatment tanks and low transport costs
- Small footprint systems reduce construction costs
- Simple operation
- Self-cleaning effect by shear forces
- Easy upgrading or retrofitting of existing WWTP
- Very little agitation energy required, minimising operation costs
- Low mass per carrier reduces abrasion and wear
- Proven Made in Germany technology