Ideal for sealing polypropylene and polythene bags and tubing as well as most shrink film including PVC or polyolefin, these heat sealers are available in a choice of seal lengths including 100mm, 200mm, 300mm, 400mm, 450mm, 600mm, 800mm and 1000mm.
Impulse sealers come with several options including a separate cutter to trim away excess plastic and automatic timers with magnetic hold downs.
Tips on using Impulse sealers:
- Do not use the Impulse sealer without using a Teflon tape over the sealing wire to prevent the wire from burning out
- Use two strips of Teflon tape to protect the sealing wire
- Set the sealing time to as low as required to prevent wear and tear of the Teflon tape and the wire
- Do not use the wire (standard flat wire) to cut the bag – use an Impulse sealer with a cutter option instead
- Do not continuously press the handle arm more than once to make a seal
- The longer the time between each seals, the longer the sealing wire or element will last