Gelmec’s Ultra soft silicone free gel (Shore A 8) has been formulated to reduce structureborne vibrations and increase shock control for HDDs or lightweight component enclosures such as disk drives and other light components.
Due to the low weight of these electronic components, soft vibration and shock mounting solutions are necessary to isolate enclosures.
This highly damped silicone free gel from Gelmec Vibration, Noise and Shock Control , offers an alternative to traditional foam and rubber sheet damping, providing high performance particularly in narrow space enclosures.
There are two materials available:
- ultra soft white UL V-0 55V gel and
- slighly firmer black 80 UV resistant gel.
Silicone free with no molecular siloxane gas. UL-V0 version is also available.
Other features of the Gelmec’s Ultra soft silicone free gel (Shore A 8) include:
- Operating temperature -20 to +60c.
- Simply cut from sheet
- Available as standard in 1,2,3,4 & 5mm sheets.
- For volume production requirements, this material can be produced as moulded parts.
- 100% stretch ratio, low compression distortion.
- White 55V gel sheets are available with a thin protective film one side or both sides to help handling.