The EZ Align precision laser alignment device from Gates Australia is designed to align all industrial belt drives quickly and easily with just one tool. Gates specialises in the supply of high quality belt drive systems to diverse industries including mining, quarry and manufacturing.
Industrial belt drive performance is negatively impacted by many factors including improper drive maintenance, improper installation, poor design, environmental factors, improper handling or defective components. An effective preventive maintenance program can keep the facility running safely and at optimum capacity.
Properly maintained belt drives can be one of the most cost-effective and reliable power transmission solutions. Customers can save thousands of dollars through reduced downtime and increased energy savings by aligning and tensioning drives correctly on site.
Gates’ EZ Align laser alignment tool enables simple and accurate alignment of V-belt and synchronous belt drives. The green laser is ten times brighter than the previous red laser version, with better visibility in high ambient light conditions as well as higher visibility over longer distances up to fifteen feet in length.
Key features and benefits of Gates’ EZ Align laser alignment tool:
- Prolongs belt and pulley life and reduces vibration and belt noise
- Quickly identifies common types of misalignment, including angular, parallel and third plane misalignment
- Emits a thin laser line to the reflector on the opposite pulley, instantly indicating offset and vertical-angle misalignment
- Laser line is automatically reflected back to the transmitter, indicating horizontal-angle misalignment
- Magnetically attaches to the inner or outer faces of industrial pulleys to provide quick, accurate drive alignment
- Extremely compact and lightweight; allows a single operator to identify pulley misalignment in mere minutes
- Comes in a durable carry case with no small parts or targets to misplace