GATES has added the HeatGuard to their extensive line of hose and couplings. It is a protective sheathing that will help protect hose and couplings from heat and fire.
HeatGuard can be used for applications in construction, welding, steel mills, oil rigs, smelters, engine compartments, hot asphalt construction, refineries and many more.
Features of the HeatGuard include:
* Constructed of tightly woven fibreglass on the inside
* Special silicone coating that can withstand a broad range of solvents and fuels
* Is completely non-asbestos, heat resistant sleeving
* Requires only clamps or wire ties for fastening
* Helps reduce replacement and maintenance costs
* Is available in 34 sizes
* Has an operating temperature of -53°C to +260°C
* Extended short term exposure range of 260°C to 1093°C
* Easy to identify with a red iron oxide cover.
HeatGuard is available in the following two grades - Heatguard knitted coated fiberglass that meets SAE AS1072A specifications. It consists of a temperature range from -54ºC to 260ºC for continuous exposure. The Heatguard Hi Temp is a braided coated fiberglass that meets SAE AS1055 specifications. It consists of a temperature range as above, with an extended range of 260ºC to +1093ºC for short term flame exposure.
For further information on this product and sizes, contact a local Gates Hydraulic Distributor or Gates Australia Customer Service.