Gamma Solutions , a specialist in mobile computing, RFID and data collection systems launches the new LXE Marathon field computer.
LXE Marathon field computers represent a new form factor in mobile computing, positioned above a PDA in features, smaller in size than a laptop and offering significantly powerful functionalities.
Featuring a larger screen size and greater computing power than a PDA, the new field computers offer multiple data capture and connectivity options. The LXE Marathon provides new levels of usability for the mobile worker in field-force automation, route accounting and public safety applications.
Gamma Solutions’ Sales Executive Stephen Lakey says that the Marathon’s introduction to LXE’s mobile computers range fills an important market space between PDAs and laptops.
He adds that the rugged design as well as perfect balance between screen size and ergonomics will make the field computer the stand-out product in this market segment over the New Year.
Key features of LXE Marathon field computers
- Weighs less than a kilogram and powered by an Intel Atom processor running Windows 7 or Windows XP operating systems
- Combines multiple built-in data entry options:
- 7” outdoor-visible touchscreen
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Integrated fingerprint reader doubling as a mouse
- High-resolution colour camera
- Desk and vehicle SmartDock cradles allow one-handed undocking and user-friendly peripheral interfaces
- Bolt-on accessories include mag stripe reader, 2D imager and extended life batteries for 8-hour and 12-hour continuous operation
- IP65 rating for protection against dust and water
- Connects via Gobi WWAN radio
- Can also connect to a local area Wi-Fi network via 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth connectivity helps connect to various peripherals wirelessly