Gamma Solutions introduces the Datalogic Magellan 9800i, a high performance in-counter imaging scanner and scanner/scale for retail applications.
Defining a new class of high performance bar code scanners for a worldwide market, Datalogic Magellan 9800i imaging bi-optic scanners feature digital imagers in all planes, enabling reading of both 1D and 2D bar codes seamlessly without requiring item orientation by the cashier.
The image capture power of multiple imagers also increases the first pass read-rate on all types of bar codes because it fills in the gaps left between laser lines. Damaged or small element labels are scanned at full-sweep speed, providing maximum scanning throughput and a better bottom line. The striking new design of the scanners improves ergonomics for the user.
Key features and benefits of Datalogic Magellan 9800i imaging bi-optic scanners:
- Lower bonnet height allows repositioning of POS or self-checkout touchscreens, payment terminals and receipt printers to better accommodate ADA customers
- Centred speaker provides audio feedback with .wav files for greater fidelity
- Large horizontal window ergonomically positioned for both standing and seated cashiers
- Integrated customer-facing mobile device reader enables retailers to easily engage in mobile commerce
- Eliminates the need for additional scanner, power supply, outlet, interface cable, POS port and mounting hardware
- Customer can scan bar codes from their mobile phone screen or paper coupons while the cashier continues to scan regular items in parallel
- Significant reduction in total transaction time