Gamma Solutions presents the Cisco 2500 Series wireless controllers designed for system-wide wireless functions in small to medium-sized enterprises and branch offices.
The entry-level Cisco 2500 Series wireless controllers provide real-time communication between Cisco Aironet access points to simplify the deployment and operation of wireless networks.
A component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, Cisco 2500 Series wireless controllers deliver centralised security policies, wireless intrusion prevention system (wIPS) capabilities, award-winning RF management and quality of service (QoS) for voice and video.
Delivering 802.11n performance and scalability, the 2500 Series provides low total cost of ownership and flexibility to scale to meet growing network requirements.
Cisco 2500 Series wireless controllers can support up to 50 access points and 500 clients, making them suitable for small to medium-sized offices. PCI support enables certification for scanner and kiosk deployments.
CleanAir technology detects, classifies, locates and mitigates RF interference to provide performance protection for 802.11n networks.
Key features of Cisco 2500 Series wireless controllers:
- Scalability supports 5, 15, 25 or 50 access points
- Wired-network speed and non-blocking performance for 802.11n networks
- Provides real-time and historical information about RF interference impacting network performance across controllers via CleanAir technology integration
- Comprehensive end-to-end security with CAPWAP-compliant Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) encryption
- Supports Unified Communications for improved collaboration through messaging, presence, and conferencing
- Supports all Cisco Unified Communications wireless IP phones for cost-effective, real-time voice services
- Integrates Cisco VideoStream technology to optimise the delivery of video applications across the WLAN
- OfficeExtend feature supports corporate wireless service for mobile and remote workers with secure wired tunnels to the Cisco Aironet 600, 1130, 1140 or 3500 Series access points
- Enterprise Wireless Mesh allows access points to dynamically establish wireless connections without the need for a physical connection to the wired network
- Enables organisations to turn off access point radios to reduce power consumption during off-peak hours