GE Intelligent Platforms today announced the rugged XMCGA6 High Performance Graphics XMC. Featuring either the NVIDIA G72 or G73 GPU (graphics processing unit) used in high end consumer gaming platforms such as the GeForce 7300GS and GeForce 7600GT, the XMGA6 is designed to deliver outstanding graphics performance in demanding applications that will be deployed in harsh environments.
Features of the XMCGA6 High Performance Graphics XMC include:
- The XMCGA6 graphics platform supports 8-lane PCI Express for optimum communication with a host platform such as the GE PowerXtreme 6U VME PPC9A single board computer
- The XMCGA6 graphics platform automatically adapt to 4-lane PCI Express environments
- Up to 256 Mbytes of GDDR3 memory (G73) is supported on the Graphics XMC
- With its rich set of I/O, the XMCGA6 graphics XMC is designed to serve many of the most common video applications
- Dual, independent channels mean that it is capable of driving RGB analog component video and digital DVI 1.0 at maximum resolutions of 1,600 x 1,200, and supports the RS170, NTSC or PAL standards
- In addition, the XMCGA6’s video input capability allows integration of sensor data using RS170, NTSC or PAL video formats