The new versions of Proficy Troubleshooter and Proficy Cause+ 5.0 are now available from GE Intelligent Platforms .
Based on advanced technology, Proficy Troubleshooter and Cause+ deliver powerful analytical abilities to transform data into actionable information resulting in reduced downtime, waste and re-work as well as improved OEE, quality, throughput and visibility into operations.
The Proficy solutions enable an intelligent form of causal analysis, proactive alarming and decision support so users can react faster to problems or correct issues before a problem occurs.
The Proficy Troubleshooter/Cause+ solutions are value-additions to Proficy Historian, enabling the user to obtain more value using multivariate analysis on historical data.
Key features of Proficy Troubleshooter/Cause+ v5.0 solutions:
- Enables companies to view historical data, determine causes of variation, put active intelligent monitoring in place and trigger operational workflows using intelligent data-based rules and/or models
- Users can dramatically improve efficiency operations by integrating their operational data with automatic intelligence
- Can be combined with HMI/SCADA systems by providing likely causes for problems in real-time and notifying floor personnel of impending process issues
- New innovations drive reduced implementation costs as well as training time and improve speed of data preparation while maintaining backwards compatibility with previous versions
- By adding Proficy SOA integration in v5.0, companies can realise reduced implementation and long-term support cost benefits for both small and large projects
- Enables users to prepare data innovatively through a new data preparation engine, which also allows users to define data recipes and invoke pre-built operations that ultimately increase the quality of incoming data faster than manual operations
- Data preparation engine saves setup time, reduces the learning curve for new users and provides quality data prior to the analysis being performed, leading to faster and more reliable intelligence
- Features an Excel add-in for exporting data to Microsoft Excel
According to Sheila Kester, General Manager of Operations Management Software for GE Intelligent Platforms, every manufacturer needs some method for archiving plant data as well as an effective way of doing rapid process troubleshooting and other continuous improvement initiatives utilising a plant data repository.
Proficy Troubleshooter and Cause+, coupled with Proficy Historian enable fast-tracking of continuous improvement and Six Sigma project cycles through their capability of facilitating the troubleshooting process for increased quality as well as reduction of material and energy usage.
Proficy Troubleshooter and Proficy Cause+ 5.0 is the latest example of how GE’s $4 billion-a-year software and solutions services businesses are helping customers improve productivity.