GE Intelligent Platforms recently announced the availability of their latest test and measurement system, the Proficy Accelerator Solution for Weighing Operations.
The Weighing Operations Accelerator Solution digitizes the highly manual process of pre-production ingredient preparation and recording, reducing ingredient variation in food, beverage, CPG and life sciences manufacturing to increase product quality and safety.
By guiding operators through step-by-step instructions, automating Weigh Orders, and tracking actions and ingredient data for historical records, this out-of-the-box test and measurement solution reduces errors and waste.
“There are many challenges in Weigh and Dispense operations, including variability and risk of human error, inefficient and inaccurate recordkeeping, and complex and changing recipe formulations that often require expert operators,” says Sheila Kester, General Manager, Operations Management Solutions for GE Intelligent Platforms.
With a focus on operator guidance and equipment control in Weigh and Dispense activities, the Proficy Accelerator Solution for Weighing Operations can:
- help automate work processes
- embed expert knowledge
- enable complete electronic record-keeping
- improve product quality
- reduce waste and cycle time; and
- increase resource flexibility.
Key capabilities include:
- weigh order creation and dispatching
- automated selection of appropriate weighing equipment based on established certification criteria
- operator guidance during weigh and dispense of materials
- registration of material lot code and verification of correct material usage
- historical data recordkeeping, with report file generation for use in label printing, inventory updates, etc.
- advanced analytics via industry-standard Microsoft reporting technologies including SQL Server Reporting Services
- highly intuitive, graphical interface for process mapping and workflow generation; and
- integrated ISA-95 modeling.