GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the new ACR301 rugged 3U CompactPCI single board computer designed for extremely low power consumption applications.
Based on Intel’s latest Atom E6XX processor (codenamed Tunnel Creek), which integrates both 3D graphics and memory controller, the ACR301 single board computer responds to the growing requirement for embedded computing solutions that consume minimal power and dissipate minimal heat.
Delivering optimum performance/watt, these single board computers can operate in harsh environments such as those found in military and aerospace applications in addition to industrial applications.
Rob McKeel, General Manager, Military & Aerospace Embedded Computing at GE Intelligent Platforms says that while high performance is still a requirement for many demanding embedded applications, there is an increasing requirement to deliver that performance in applications such as unmanned vehicles where space, weight, power availability and the ability to dissipate heat are often highly constrained.
The ACR301 is one of the earliest solutions to use Intel’s latest Atom processor to specifically address these requirements, enabling GE customers to gain sustainable competitive advantage.
In addition to offering exceptional performance/watt characteristics (sub-10 watts), the single board computer also offers outstanding flexibility.
- Offered with four alternative versions of the Intel Atom processor, 0.6GHz, 1.0GHz, 1.3GHz and 1.6GHz in five ruggedisation levels
- Provision of a mezzanine (PMC) site that enables it to be precisely configured for specific application profiles enhancing flexibility
- Comprehensive input/output and communications capabilities:
- Two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Two full duplex asynchronous serial ports
- Two Gen 2 SATA ports
- DVI video
- Supports CAN-bus, the communications standard designed specifically to facilitate the exchange of electronic information within a vehicle
- 1 GByte of DDR2 SDRAM
The ACR301 represents a technology insertion opportunity for existing users of GE’s CR4 and CR5 single board computers, and benefits from the extensive range of long term support programs available from GE Intelligent Platforms.
Supported operating systems include VxWorks, Linux and Windows. Deployed test software (BIT and BCS) is also provided.