Designed to deliver better bottom lines in a month’s time in packaging environments, the new Proficy Accelerator solution combines GE’s out-of-the-box software and services offering with pre-packaged proprietary algorithms from SlimSoft Solutions of Vancouver, Canada to enable line-level analytics and views driving OEE for improved productivity, efficiency and profitability.
This packaging line software solution leverages preconfigured templates, delivering faster time to solution.
Coleman Easterly, Product Manager for GE Intelligent Platforms’ Proficy Software says that maximising asset utilisation in packaging operations can make a significant contribution in manufacturing businesses driven by operational excellence.
Proficy Accelerator for Packaging Line OEE includes a portfolio of specialised reports providing a comprehensive view of packaging line performance with a wide range of KPIs.
In addition, a web-based packaging line operator console provides line staff with easy access to view and modify collected information, providing additional context for later analysis.
A real-time scoreboard display communicates machine status for each packaging line as well as KPIs such as OEE, capacity utilisation and net utilisation to drive operator responsiveness.
Key features of Proficy Accelerator for Packaging Line OEE
- Standard pre-configured templates for rapid deployment
- Eliminates the need for developing complex, multi-machine PLC logic
- Intuitive web-based packaging line Operator Console for improved productivity
- Portfolio of pre-configured Reports and Web Parts to accelerate time to value
- Real-time KPI scoreboard display to drive plant visibility
- Out-of-the-box KPIs for line and solitaire OEE as well as capacity, asset and net utilisation
Key benefits of Proficy Accelerator for Packaging Line OEE
- Enables users to communicate key performance indicators (KPIs) and business drivers directly to the plant floor in near real-time
- Allows quick identification of root causes for downtime, waste and performance rate loss
- Reporting and analysis of OEE and its sub-components
- Reduction in Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) through increased visibility into line disturbance factors