The rugged bCOM6-L1400 COM Express modules take advantage of the significant processing and graphics capabilities of the Intel Core i7 processor to support multiple independent displays in a wide variety of commercial, industrial, transportation and defence applications in a broad range of embedded computing environments.
The COM Express architecture, which separates the carrier card from the processor, delivers several benefits to the customer including extending the useful life of the subsystem by allowing simple cost-effective upgrade of the processor alone, reducing long term cost of ownership and ensuring the performance keeps pace with changing needs.
Customers can also develop their own carrier card configurations, or request custom carrier card variants, providing significant flexibility to systems integrators looking to create unique, high value-added solutions.
The new COM Express modules complement GE Intelligent Platforms’ extensive portfolio of rugged embedded computing solutions that includes single board computers, multiprocessors, Ethernet switches, displays and networking.
Key features of GE’s bCOM6-L1400 COM Express modules:
- Choice of dual-core or quad-core processor for maximum flexibility
- Allows customers to select the optimum price-performance/watt combination for the planned application
- Can be confidently deployed in harsh and challenging environments subject to extremes of temperature, vibration, shock and contaminants
- Components specifically selected for reliable operation in hostile environments
- Processor and memory soldered to the board for high resistance to external forces
- Optional conformal coating offers even greater resistance to moisture, dust, chemicals, and temperature extremes
- Sophisticated dynamic thermal management optimises uptime and helps prevent damage to the system
- Graphics capabilities include VGA, LVDS with dual channel support and SDVO/TMDS/DisplayPort over DDI
- Up to 8GBytes of DDR3 memory, Gigabit Ethernet and four SATA interfaces with support for both RAID 0 and RAID 1
- Eight USB 2.0 ports and four USB 3.0 ports for optimum connectivity