The SBC625, XVR15 and XCR15 will not only support the quad core Intel Core i7-3615QE processor but will also be offered with the dual core Intel Core i7-3555LE and Intel Core i7-3517UE processors.
Designed to bring substantially increased processing power, graphics capability, I/O bandwidth and functional density to customers developing and deploying demanding industrial and military/aerospace applications, the new SBCs find use in command/control, ISR (intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance), radar/sonar and signal processing.
The SBC625, XCR15 and XVR15 are designed for 6U VPX, CompactPCI and VME systems respectively.
Rod Rice, General Manager, Military & Aerospace Products, GE Intelligent Platforms explains that the availability of the SBCs in dual core versions enables their customers to have an extensive range of price/performance options, allowing them to take advantage of 3rd generation Intel Core processor technology while achieving the optimum combination of throughput and cost for a given application.
According to Matt Langman, director of marketing, Intel Intelligent Systems Group, dual core versions of 3rd generation Intel Core processor technology enable manufacturers like GE to offer compelling choices to customers.
He explains that embedded computing applications are an excellent example of intelligent systems that are enormously diverse in terms of performance, heat, power, size and weight requirements, and the range of capabilities within the 3rd generation Intel Core processor family gives manufacturers the ability to address those diverse needs.
Key features of SBC625, XVR15 and XCR15 single board computers:
- Six new platforms 100% compatible with their predecessors
- Option of dual or quad core processors
- Up to 15% greater computational horsepower, and up to 50% improved 3D graphics performance
- Support for USB 3.0, providing up to 10x the data transfer throughput of USB 2.0
- Power consumption/heat dissipation identical to preceding products, providing attractive performance/watt
- Ideal for environments that are SWaP (size, weight and power) constrained
- Available in five build levels from benign (air cooled) to fully rugged (conduction cooled)
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions (Intel AVX)
- Up to 16GBytes of DDR3 memory
- Solid state disk drive of 16GBytes capacity
- Broad I/O options include Gigabit Ethernet, SATA, DVI, VGA and audio
- Two mezzanine XMC/PMC sites enable optimum flexibility and expandability
- Supported operating systems include Windows 7, Open Linux, Wind River Linux and VxWorks