GE Intelligent Platforms announces the availability of the latest version of its Proficy Workflow work process management solution.
Proficy Workflow 1.5 features validated system support capabilities allowing companies to create a more secure and regulatory compliant environment by tracking and optimising production operations resulting in time and cost-savings.
Proficy Workflow work process management solution from GE integrates audit trails and eSignatures into electronic work processes to further enable regulatory compliance and increase industrial environment security.
Sheila Kester, General Manager for Operations Management Software for GE Intelligent Platforms says that electronic signatures allow creation of a more secure environment by requiring that operators electronically ‘sign’ for data entry changes.
An audit trail is necessary for regulatory compliance helping businesses to have control over their process and allowing them to track not only what occurred, but when it occurred, and who was responsible for the occurrence.
While mandated in highly regulated industries such as Life Sciences and Food & Beverage, this technology can reduce risk and optimise production in all operations environments, she added.
Validated system support is accomplished through eSignature for auditable data. Electronic signatures uniquely identify the operator making the change, and can optionally require the electronic signature of another person to verify the change.
New features in Proficy Workflow 1.5 work process management solution
- Generates audit reports for the topics configured for auditing as well as reports on the electronic signatures performed in workflows
- 64-bit support and better scalability
- ISA-95 model additions allow users to manage inventory with materials in lots and sublots
- New service method activities permit creating, incrementing, decrementing, querying, reading, changing the status or location of, deleting, and closing lots and sublots
- The ISA-95 model additions also offer new resource utilisation feedback for improved business reporting, material planning and process optimisation
- Comprehensive response models for reporting resources used/ consumed, allowing recording of actual people, equipment and materials used during a process
Proficy Workflow 1.5 is the latest example of how GE’s $4 billion-a-year software and solutions services businesses are helping customers improve productivity.