GE Intelligent Platforms has released AXISLib-AVX optimised DSP and math libraries for GE’s latest high performance embedded computing (HPEC) solutions using 2nd Generation Intel® Core i7 processors with Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX).
AXISLib-AVX optimises performance, reduces errors and speeds time to ISR solutions benefitting Any OEM or systems integrator developing deployed ISR, radar, sonar, image processing, SIGINT or ELINT platforms will derive considerable benefit from using AXISLib-AVX.
AXISLib-AVX offers a complete VSIPL Core 1.0 library with over 600 high performance, digital signal processing and vector mathematical applications designed to assist developers in minimising time to solution while maximising system and application performance.
Several products recently announced by GE utilise the new Intel technology, including,
• SBC624 6U OpenVPX rugged single board computer,
• SBC324 3U OpenVPX rugged single board computer,
• XCR14 6U CompactPCI,
• XVR14 6U VME platforms and,
• DSP280 rugged dual socket quad core multiprocessor.
“Today’s compact, light weight systems challenge developers to extract the highest possible levels of performance,” said Michael Stern, the Global Product Manager of Military & Aerospace High Performance Embedded Computing Products at GE Intelligent Platforms.
“AXISLib-AVX is optimised for the new 256-bit wide Intel AVX SIMD engine and is specifically designed to enable developers to take the greatest advantage of the compelling DSP and math facilities that Intel’s newest chip set brings.”
In support of planned, multi-year technology insertion, the VSIPL API provides code portability across processing platforms.
GE also offers the RSPL API providing increased control and lower overheads that support the most advanced real-time embedded signal processing applications and can operate in a standalone mode or as an integral software module within the AXIS Advanced Multiprocessor Integrated Software environment.
AXIS is a set of software modules used to accelerate the design, development, testing and deployment of complex DSP and multiprocessing platforms for real-time applications such as radar, sonar, communications and image processing.
The AXIS software package contains an integrated graphical user interface (AXISView) which provides,
• Task level programming for algorithm development and system visualization,
• A high performance inter-processor communication library (AXISFlow) for high throughput,
• Low latency data movement across multiple fabrics such as PCI Express, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Serial RapidIO and more and,
• Scaling from one to many CPU nodes across a single board, multiple boards in a single chassis and multiple system chassis.