GE Intelligent Platforms introduces the SPR418A PCI Express PMC/XMC carrier card designed for customers wanting to configure PMC and XMC mezzanine cards in high performance servers and small form factor PCs.
Delivering high reliability and maximum throughput, the SPR418A hybrid cards enable PCI Express compatibility and a unique combination of performance, flexibility, interoperability and cost-effectiveness.
The new SPR418A carrier cards are used in the development of applications such as sonar, radar, communications and signals intelligence (SIGINT).
According to Dan Veenstra, Product Manager, GE Intelligent Platforms, the SPR418A carrier cards address the needs of today’s market by providing high performance PCI Express capability in a small form factor, delivering the power and cooling necessary to ensure reliability while providing unprecedented flexibility in its support for a range of connectivity options.
The SPR418A carrier cards allow customers to take full advantage of the high speed serial bus architecture inherent in newer XMC designs.
Key features of the SPR418A carrier cards:
- Can be ordered to host either a PMC module supporting up to PCI-X transfer speeds, or an XMC module supporting up to 8-lane PCI Express speeds
- Gen2 x8 PCI Express interface to the host allows for unimpeded data transfers at the full rate supported by the mezzanine card
- Integrated fan supplies additional cooling to the mezzanine card for optimum reliability
- Support for up to 25W of power is well in excess of that required by the PMC and XMC specifications
- Flexibility in the form of a number of connectivity options allowing additional I/O and usage modes
- J4 connectivity is provided to an optional 80-pin KEL connector
- J16 can be connected to two SFF connectors providing for up to 4 lanes of high speed serial connectivity each via readily available cables
- Standard PC power connector can be fitted for standalone operation for mezzanines that do not require interaction with a host