To enable OEMs to be more effective in driving solutions for customers, GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions, has included a wide range of unique features specifically designed for OEMs and their specialised needs in the recently announced Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5.
These enhancements provide comprehensive monitoring, control and data management for companies worldwide.
Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 is a new version of visualization product, which provides a variety of OEM-specific features including the ability to build OEM brand awareness with their customers.
By building their own brand, OEMs are also building customer loyalty and product recognition in their specific marketplace.
“In special cases, where OEMs use Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 as a component of their own more complex offering, it becomes beneficial to rebrand iFIX, removing most of its identity and replacing it with a new brand,” said Tom Wood, director of OEM Programs for GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms.
Specific customisable features for OEMs include:
- Custom splash screen that loads upon Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 installation
- Installation menu can also be customised to user requirements, adding or removing choices and launching additional CD content
- Ability to create a CD with custom install options and a custom bitmap graphic; all installation questions are answered by a script and the setup.exe includes new command-line options
- Customisable directory name where the software installs
- Rebranding of Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 application tools such as workspace, database manager, tag group editor
- iFIX CD has been organised to cleanly accept additional content, typically application files or user utilities, enabling simultaneous installation with the program
In addition, Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 supports the remote management capabilities of Microsoft SMS (Systems Management Server).
OEMs can now stop Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5, install SIMs, restart Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 remotely and automatically through the use of Microsoft SMS.
“Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX 4.5 is available today, under many different product names, addressing vertical market needs around the world,” Wood continued.
For example, Kwater, the Korea Water Resources Corporation, a water industry OEM that supplies domestic and industrial water to the nation’s major cities and industrial complexes, uses Proficy HMI/SCADA - iFIX as its main HMI/SCADA system for Water-K, the company’s hydroelectric power generation system.
Kwater felt it was important for their users to see only the Water-K application name to reinforce the value of the solution being delivered to their customers.
“This level of branding is only available through our OEM Edge program,” he said. “These rebranding features are a tremendous benefit of OEM Edge.”
OEM Edge is an innovative program for OEMs that provides them with a significant edge to attract new customers and expand their existing base to grow their businesses.
The global program includes integrated solutions and tools that give OEM partners a competitive differentiator in their marketplace to fuel machine growth and maximise profits.