GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions has released VisiconX, an enterprise-wide analytical tool for Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY.
VisiconX enables users to easily obtain and group data from any relational database in the operation and turn it into information that will be valuable to everyone in the organisation.
”VisiconX is an add-on component for the Proficy family of industrial automation software solutions that makes database connectivity a snap,” said Gimmi Filice, Product Manager for GE Fanuc’s Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY product.
VisiconX controls can access data from a variety of databases, including Microsoft’s SQL Server and Oracle. Configuration of database access is quick and easy using the configuration dialogue.
VisiconX is an open plug and solve framework designed on industry standards. VisiconX has extensive user flexibility for gathering data and updating and editing changes to the queried information.
Designed originally for Proficy HMI/SCADA – iFIX and is now also available for Proficy HMI/SCADA – CIMPLICITY made possible by the open and layered architecture of both products.
VisiconX is a set of ActiveX controls that harness the power of the Microsoft technology called ADO, or ActiveX data objects and object linking and embedding for databases (OLE DB).
ADO is a standard interface that provides consistent, high-performance access to data, regardless of its location.
OLE DB is a set of ActiveX interfaces that provides software applications with uniform access to data stored in disparate databases.
Together, this technology gives VisiconX the power to access information residing in virtually any relational database and display it in a variety of formats in iFIX or CIMPLICITY.
Features of VisiconX include:
- Enables fast, easy access to remote database information
- Reduces development time with query wizards
- Displays data in a variety of easy-to-understand formats
- Features simple point-and-click configuration
- Enables changes and updates to queried information
- Integrates with Windows domain security or database security system
- Requires no programming, VBA scripting, or knowledge of SQL
- Supports the ability to update, insert, and delete records in association with stored procedures
- Enhances and extends the functionality of the iFIX workspace or CIMPLICITY CIMEdit
- Performs multiple ad-hoc queries in run-mode using SQL Wizard
- Display timestamps with millisecond resolution in the grid control