GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms , a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions, have released Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 control and visualisation product. The Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 delivers a new user experience to drive lower total cost of ownership (TCO), increased productivity, and ease of use for developers.
According to Claire Cerrato, General Manager, Automation Software Products, GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms, Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 supports the latest operating systems and development platforms with Microsoft Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 to ensure that customers are well positioned into the future for scalability and growth.
Following are the new features in Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0:
- A new user interface for developers to interact with their HMI/SCADA application. With a new look and feel for the CIMEdit development environment, based on Microsoft-fluent User Interface (UI) technology, users will instantly realise timesavings and reduced costs. The new UI follows the Ribbon Bar concept, which enables quicker access to galleries and the ability to create custom menus thereby increasing productivity.
- A new graphics-rendering engine, including larger development canvas functionality for runtime and development, transparency abilities, improved gradient shading, anti-aliasing, native picture support, and a pipe object tool. With a built-in CIMView rubber-band zoom tool that enables dynamic zooming from the toolbar, users have enhanced visual accessibility.
- A dynamic time handling capability changing time zones “on the fly” is now native to Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0. With applications being accessed globally, this capability is important to handle multiple global clients and clients progressively moving through time zones.
- A Digital Graphical Replay (DGR) 2.0, which lets users replay and analyze past events in slow motion, real time or up to 10x the speed enabling them to identify and troubleshoot issues and prevent repeat occurrences. DGR 2.0 provides the ability to replay trend data for more intelligent decision-making and accelerated issue resolution.
- The Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 requires only a Microsoft Windows Vista/Server 2008 standard user account. It has been thoroughly tested to ensure full operation while using a standard user account with no User Account Protection (UAP) security prompts, therefore reducing the risk of unauthorized file/program access and core system issues.
- The new Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 includes 100 Proficy Historian tags, providing applications with true information, not just data, for enhanced decision-making.
The Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 8.0 offers seamless integration with our Proficy software suite for a complete solution and leverages an open system design to protect current and future investments.