GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms , a unit of GE Enterprise Solutions, has announced that its HMI/SCADA solution, Proficy HMI/SCADA CIMPLICITY 7.0, and its production management discrete manufacturing execution solution, Proficy Tracker, have been awarded Product of the Year Award for 2007 from Plant Engineering magazine.
These awards are voted on by the readers of the magazine.
“The Plant Engineering Product of the Year awards are the premier honour for new products in the manufacturing industry today,” said Bob Vavra, editor of Plant Engineering.
“We are very excited about the calibre of products that were entered in the competition and believe that some great solutions have been recognized for their excellence in the industry.”
“We are very pleased to receive this honour,” said Erik Udstuen, vice president, Software for GE Fanuc Intelligent Platforms.
“These two solutions are deployed across many industries globally – in companies large and small. Because of the importance of these systems to their business, our customers demand a high level of flexibility and expandability with the lowest total cost of ownership. These solutions clearly address these important customer needs, and we are excited to be recognized by Plant Engineering today.”
Cimplicity has been used in a variety of industries, in a variety of applications -- from process to discrete to monitor and control operations.
Cimplicity’s advanced Client/Server architecture makes it easy to start small and expand. Its flexibility and value-add options allow users to easily extend and customise a solution to meet their business needs.
Some of the benefits associated with Cimplicity 7.0 include:
- Powerful monitoring and control over production
- Ease of use for new and experienced users
- Powerful, time saving development tools
- Strong connectivity to other software, systems and devices
- Powerful thin client technologies
- True client/server architecture for easy scalability
- Sophisticated alarming and trending
- Analytical tools for process improvement
- OPC client, server, and alarm and events
- Integrated change management
- Highly available solution for secure environments
- Powerful stand-alone solution or part of an integrated Proficy solution
Proficy Tracker delivers lean production by helping to manage inventory, schedule resources real time and route material for discrete manufacturing processes.
Benefits of Proficy Tracker include:
- Monitor and manage production flow
- Dynamically collect and store a variety of data about each item
- Provide control commands to production equipment in order to process and route materials
- Support inspection and rework processes, as well as production, assembly, and packaging operations
Order Execution Management can be used in conjunction with Tracker to handle the ever-changing real world conditions of the production floor. It provides production order management, broadcast, and sequencing, substitution, and hold management of production orders.
Order Execution Management releases orders and maintains the production build sequence throughout the manufacturing process through routing control and order substitution management. It transmits the option build information to process equipment, manual assembly stations, suppliers, and printed manifests used to ensure products are built right the first time.
Genealogy and traceability data is collected to create birth certificates, key information to drive early warning analysis and contain warranty exposure.
The product of the year awards will be officially presented at the plant engineering management summit in Chicago, march 31, 2008 and mark continuing recognition for exceptional GE Fanuc products.
PACSystems controllers, Proficy Plant Applications and Proficy Change Management software are among the GE Fanuc Product of the Year award winners in previous years.