On the February 7th, 2007 in Shanghai, China, GE Fanuc Asia Pacific Business Advisory Council(BAC) 2007 closed. This big annual event for GE Fanuc Asia Pacific lasted for 3 days, from Feb. 5 to 7, and got more than 320 participants from different regions in Asia Pacific.
3 main sessions were covered in this event:
Channel Day on Feb. 5 covered general updates of global business as well as CSB and Software solutions in the morning and regional meetings in the afternoon to have a much closer communication with channels on different topics like marketing, warranty, finance, etc.
Customer Day on Feb. 6: It was the 1st time in APO that GE Fanuc combined its BAC with User Conference together. GE Fanuc has a technology tradeshow which contains demo booths for CSB, Software solutions as well as 3 other business units from GE Industrial – Sensing, Security and C&I - showing the lasted technologies, together with booths for Global Care, Technical Support as well as Embedded to address questions from visitors. At the same time, presentations were running next door on different topics so that people can make their choices to listen to the ones they were interested while during the waiting time from one session to another, they can walking through the tradeshow area.
Activity Day on Feb. 7: 4 different tour groups were arranged for guests to visit various beauties of the city as well as enjoy their shopping of traditional stuff.
One highlight of the BAC is the Channel Award presented on Feb. 5 evening, 5 awards were given to 18 channels for their great performance in promoting GEF products. The awarded Channels are:
- Westone Electronics from China, Control Logic from Australia and CSS Automation from India were given the Top CSB Distributor Award
- DingChen Technology from China, KPSM Solutions from Australia and Sarla Technologies from India were given the Top Software Distributor Award
- Trendtek System from Taiwan, Swift Solutions from Malaysia and Prime Controls from India were given the Special Achievement Award
- Solari Computer Engineering from China, Woojin Instrumentation & System Engineering from Korea and System Integration & Process Controls from India were given the Top Growth Distributor Award
- Beike Liangchen from China, Digital Electronics from Japan, Samil Data from Korea, TDS Technology from Singapore, Motherwell Automation from Australia & Skytech Systems from India were given the Top Distributor Award.