GE Intelligent Platforms expands their range of off-the-shelf rugged systems with new CompactPCI systems incorporating Intel Core processors for excellent performance.
Designed for control applications in challenging environments such as unmanned vehicles, launch vehicles, and commercial helicopters and aircraft, the CRS-C2I-3CC1 and CRS-C3I-3CB1 2-slot and 3-slot rugged CompactPCI systems are highly cost-effective alternatives to in-house development.
The new systems provide off-the-shelf, packaged self-contained solutions that shorten design, development, integration and testing time, reducing time-to-market.
The new rugged systems also provide a quicker path to a higher Technology Readiness Level (TRL), giving system developers a superior capability at lower cost, in less time and with reduced risk.
Featuring Intel Core processors, the CRS-C2I-3CC1 and CRS-C3I-3CB1 systems are available in a wide range of application-specific configurations that can be delivered in a rugged, convection- or base plate-cooled 3U chassis.
Key features of the CRS-C2I-3CC1 and CRS-C3I-3CB1 systems:
- Integrates boards and modules from GE’s wide selection of COTS boards into open modular systems that are tested and qualified for rugged systems deployment
- Configured with a single board computer (SBC) featuring Intel Core processors, together with 1 Gbyte of RAM and 4 GBytes of Flash memory
- Supplied as standard with Linux, Windows or VxWorks real-time operating system
- I/O capabilities include Ethernet, serial, USB, CANbus, MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429 as well as discrete I/O
- CRS-C2I-3CC1 measures 3.96” H x 7.15” W x 9.03” D and weighs only 11 pounds
- CRS-C3I-3CB1 measures 5.60” H x 4.25” W x 8.76” D and weighs only 9 pounds
According to Paul Scanlon, General Manager, Military & Aerospace Systems, GE Intelligent Platforms, the new rugged systems address the needs of customers who require competitive pricing, minimised program risk and shortest possible lead-times.
GE’s expanding family of rugged system solutions is designed to allow them to achieve sustainable competitive advantage by coming to market faster with robust systems at lower prices.