GE Intelligent Platforms today announced that it continues to strengthen its emphasis in the mission critical power industry by collaborating with Critical Power Consultants (CPC). The company has chosen PACSystems RX3i controllers for true dual redundancy data synchronization and automatic switchover for continuous operations.
Critical Power Consultants have provided solutions to improve data center system reliability relying on GE Intelligent Platforms’ PACSystems RX3i redundant controllers to offer connectivity to various I/O on a proven industrial network that provides deterministic data and automatic switchover for continuous operations. This redundancy solution operates as a single system to the overall operations, eliminating the complex preparations usually needed to synchronize data between other applications and external systems.
Features of the PACSystems RX3i controllers include:
- At the heart of PACSystems High Availability is GE Intelligent Platforms’ unique, patented redundancy Control Memory Xchange (CMX) module, based on reflective memory technology. It synchronizes systems at the beginning and end of each logic scan execution to keep all variable data the same—providing rapid and bumpless switchover
- Unlike other solutions, PACSystems High Availability offers true dual redundancy data synchronization with dual modules
- The controllers have dedicated, redundant links to one another and operate synchronously with virtually no overhead added to the control application—transferring all application’s variables, status and I/O data on every scan with speed and transparency
- the PACSystems RX3i’s open and flexible architecture enables CPC to leverage existing technology equipment, saving significant time and money
- These controllers offer increased efficiency and reduced costs
- Quick time-to-solution with flexible programming
- Enhanced flexibility, openness and scalability
- The PACSystems RX3i controllers features connectivity with various communications devices
- Increased system integrity and security
- The controllers are robust and offer secure redundancy capabilities
- The PACSystems RX3i controllers have the ability to track power data and respond quickly
“We prefer to use GE solutions because over the broad spectrum of devices, the GE family coordinates a package of power products and controls along with its software that meets our needs and the needs of our customers,” said Gary Butcher, President of Critical Power Consultants. “Superior technical support has always been one of our requirements in vendor selection, and GE Intelligent Platforms has never failed to perform in both site support and product selection assistance. CPC selected GE Intelligent Platforms’ suite of products for its open and flexible platform and tight integration. The solutions are quick to deploy and do not require having to reprogram or reconfigure the solution, which can save CPC significant time and costs, resulting in higher productivity and profitability. In addition to key benefits for CPC, the redundancy and monitoring solutions using GE's technologies have delivered significant benefits for end users"