Fristam Australia has developed flexible powder mixers that are based on the shear pump, specially designed for dissolving, emulsifying and homogenising wet and dry ingredients into fluids.
These powder mixers are comprised of a self-priming centrifugal supported by a base frame that is connected to a shear pump via a pipe joint. Powder is added to the product stream via a funnel, then homogenised with the help of the shear pump.
For manual powder feeding, a table at ergonomic operation height is also supplied.
These powder mixers are capable of dissolving:
- stabilisers in the fermentation of milk products
- milk powder for the production of milk mixed beverages, ice cream or fruit milk
- concentrates of milk protein or oils/fats for increasing the protein and/or fat contents of milk for cheese production
- starch, salt and sugar, aspartame and other sugar substitutes
- flavours and citric acid
- protein powder (spray dried) for the production of bakery products
- wheat/rye flour or wheat meal for sourdough for producing breakfast cereals and ready to bake mixes; and
- pectin, CMC, Carbopol, gum Arabic and other thickener powders.
Fristam Australia acknowledges that the handling of similar processes can vary greatly between customers, and that customers often require evidence of optimal results before new products are ready for actual production. To this end, the company can supply rental powder mixers for test runs where required.