In the past, technicians have resorted to using tools like dowels, screwdrivers or stethoscopes in an attempt to diagnose the problem without resorting to costly alternatives like expensive consultants, complex vibration analysis tools, or full Predictive Maintenance programs.
Depending on the size of a business, these alternatives can be prohibitively expensive in time, money and manpower. Simply put, many maintenance teams need fast and actionable answers.
This is where Fluke Australia 's new vibration tester provides an affordable solution. Designed for on the spot diagnosis of mechanical problems, the company describes the Fluke 810 as the most advanced troubleshooting tool for mechanical maintenance teams.
The new troubleshooting tool:
- analyses common equipment
- detects the root causes and locations of mechanical failures
- gives an immediate fault severity assessment and repair recommendations
- helps technicians quickly understand machine health and set repair priorities so they can work more efficiently and effectively; and
- helps managers control unplanned downtime by anticipating problems early, eliminating recurring problems, and manage resources.
- Measure; and then
The tester can then be used to quickly troubleshoot problems on the spot, or monitor machine conditions.
Once measurements have been taken, the Fluke 810 can identify the root cause of the problem, its location and severity at the touch of a button.