Fluke Australia introduces a new range of test leads featuring adjustable tips, ultra-rugged design and visual wear indicators to offer higher safety, increased versatility and improved on-the-job reliability.
Fluke Corporation, the global leader in portable electronic test and measurement technology has announced the availability of the new TL175 TwistGuard test leads incorporating a manually adjustable test tip guard for use in changing measurement situations.
By twisting the test lead, the user can change the exposed probe tip length from 4mm to 19mm.
When the tip guard is fully extended, the TL175 test leads are safety rated for CAT III 1000 V and CAT IV 600 V use. When the tip guard is retracted, the test leads are safety rated for CAT II 1000 V use.
Key features of TL175 TwistGuard test leads:
- WearGuard insulation provides added safety factor by showing excessive wear
- Each test lead is covered by two layers of silicone insulation, red or black on the outside, and white on the inside
- Visible white insulation indicates to the user as a visual warning that the test leads should be replaced
- Designed to last longer than currently available leads in the market
- Dual-layer silicone insulation resists melting if it comes in contact with hot surfaces and remains flexible in cold situations
- Extra heavy duty strain relief built into the probe-end and the plug-end has been tested beyond 30,000 bends without failure
- Universal input plugs work with all popular brands of digital multimeters with 4mm input jacks
- Screw threads at the base of the probe allow the user to add screw-on clips, probes and speciality tips
- Threads improve measurement reliability, while the wide range of probe tips enhances measurement productivity
Fluke’s new TL175 TwistGuard test leads are available for immediate purchase at leading electronic and electrical distributors worldwide.