The 28 II Ex meets intrinsic safety (IS) standards worldwide* for safe use inside potentially explosive environments, making it ideal for use in petroleum, chemical and pharmaceutical facilities.
The Fluke 28 II Ex is intrinsically:
- Safe: meets global IS regulations, including ATEX, IEC Ex, ETL and GOST
- Rugged for use in the toughest environments: drop-proof up to three metres (9.8 feet) with a totally sealed, IP 67 rated case for complete protection against dust and water. It can withstand hazardous 8,000V spikes caused by load switching and faults on industrial circuits
- Accurate and reliable: provides all the test and troubleshooting power necessary for accurate measurements inside or outside potentially explosive areas. This eliminates the need to carry multiple meters for different areas and removes the safety problems associated with crossing through an intrinsically safe-required zone with a non-IS instrument.
- High-resolution 20,000 count display
- Rrue-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurement on non-linear signals
- Measures up to 1000V and 10A AC/DC
- Low pass filter ensures accurate voltage and frequency measurements on variable speed motor drives
- Built-in thermometer function measures temperature from -200°C to 1090°C (-328 °F to 1994 °F)
- Backlit keypad buttons
- Large display digits
- Two-level bright white background for visibility
- Battery lasts up to 800 hours
*The Fluke 28II EX is currently undergoing Australian certification for coal mining. It has been approved by the NSW mining regulator for purchase and use. It is in the process of certification for QLD, which means QLD customers are currently not permitted by QLD regulation to use it in their operations.