The new OneTouch AT testers from Fluke Networks are optimised for network technicians to help close time-consuming trouble tickets faster, and can test wired and wireless networks from the client to the cloud.
The OneTouch AT Network Assistant automates troubleshooting of some of the most common end-user issues in about a minute, greatly reducing the time it takes to close network trouble tickets and ensure end-user satisfaction.
Network technicians typically spend more than an hour using a variety of tools such as protocol analysers, PC utilities and cable and network testers to solve network connectivity and performance issues. The OneTouch AT tester combines all these functionalities into a customisable, handheld tool with a one-button auto test feature, offering the technicians a faster and reliable network troubleshooting solution.
According to Wayne Allen, program manager, connectivity and performance problems can hide in a variety of places throughout the network, which are likely to remain unresolved given the lack of standardised testing processes and efficient tools. The automated OneTouch AT was specifically designed to address these challenges, saving an organisation approximately one man-week of troubleshooting each month.
Key features of OneTouch AT network testers:
- One button auto test for faster problem identification
- Ability to test 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, gigabit Ethernet copper and fibre
- In-line copper and fibre packet capture
- Cable wire mapping, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) and link testing
- Remote access for enhanced collaboration with colleagues to speed up problem resolution
- Network and service performance analysis
- Standardised automated test scripts for ease of use
- Smartphone touchscreen and enhanced ruggedness for durability in the field