Fluke Networks’ AirMapper app for Android looks beyond speed and signal strength to map true smart device performance and elevate enterprise network BYOD performance.
Though existing solutions can map speed and signal strength or perform throughput spot checks, the AirMapper app provides a visual throughput map, helping to optimise Wi-Fi networks by taking the actual user experience of mobile devices into account.
According to Wayne Allen, program manager, Fluke Networks, given the explosive growth of bring your own device (BYOD), Fluke Networks’ customers have been seeking solutions that help ensure smart devices are working properly on enterprise Wi-Fi networks.
Despite the growth of BYOD, a recent Fluke Networks market research study shows many organisations are not yet ready to address performance challenges with mobile devices in the workplace. Nearly 82% of organisations let employees use personal mobile devices on the WLAN but 51% are concerned about how BYOD will affect bandwidth consumption.
AirMapper helps organisations bridge this performance gap and design wireless networks that meet business and user expectations.
Highlights of the AirMapper app:
- Provides a heat map of actual throughput on smart devices
- Provides Wi-Fi network details including access point (AP) channel as well as signal and security properties, helping ensure delivery of critical business applications
- Users can locate any AP on a floor map, and add text, photo, audio or video annotations during the site survey
- Users can also export site survey projects to AirMagnet Survey PRO via email, Dropbox, Evernote or Bluetooth
- Facilitates streamlined information sharing and advanced analysis and reporting