FLUKE Corporation is voluntarily recalling the TL221, TL222 and TL224 modular test leads for replacement.
This recall does not affect the test leads permanently attached to test probes that come standard with most Fluke digital multimeters.
The recall does not include currently manufactured TL221, TL222 and TL224 test leads that are marked with a SureGrip symbol, either by a tag around the silicon wire, or the symbol moulded onto the connector end.
The recall only impacts test leads TL221, TL222, and TL224. They are found in the following accessories: TL220; TL223; TLK220; TLK225; and L215.
The affected leads are also included with the following Fluke equipment with serial numbers between 83260001 and 85210001: Fluke 179/1AC; Fluke 179/EDA; Fluke 88; Fluke 741B; Fluke 743B; and Fluke 744.
The TL221, TL222 and TL224 test leads, manufactured between December 2002 and October 2003, may have a faulty connection that could cause the tester to not indicate that voltage or current is present.
This could place the user in a potentially hazardous situation.
There are only three Fluke test lead models affected:
* TL221 Straight to Straight.
* TL222 Right to Right.
* TL224 Right to Straight.
They have the following characteristics:
* The leads have only been available for purchase since January 2003.
* These are modular leads with no probes attached to the end.
* The connectors have a black overmoulding.
* The safety rating inscribed near the logo is CAT III 1000 V, CAT IV 600 V.
* The Fluke logo can be found on the connector ends.
These test leads should be returned to the local Fluke sales representative for free replacement.