Fluke Corporation, the global leader in portable electronic test and measurement technology, has acquired Hawk IR International, the world leader in infrared (IR) safety products.
The new Fluke Hawk C range of IR windows are designed to make thermography safer and complement the whole range of Fluke thermal imagers including the TI25, TI40FT and TI50FT.
The Fluke Hawk C IR windows let thermographers carry out thermal imaging on live and fully energised electrical installations without opening panel doors and covers.
All IR windows from Hawk IR International use the unique Quadraband™ multispectral optic, enabling inspection with any camera for total flexibility.
Features and benefits of the Fluke Hawk C IR windows include:
- Safety – opening live switchgear for thermal imaging exposes the thermographer to arc flash risk. The use of arc flash resistant Hawk IR windows minimises that risk
- Speed – no time is lost shutting down and opening panels, a thermal inspection can be made in less than a minute
- Efficiency – an electrician no longer needs to accompany the thermographer, a major cost saving. Hawk IR windows are engineered and tested to withstand electric-arcs up to 50kA for a huge 30 cycles
- CLIRVU coating – exclusive to Hawk IR windows – seals the optic prior to assembly to protect against moisture degradation
- The Quadraband optic is Fluke IR-Fusion compatible enabling the thermographer to see potential problems both ways
- Identification plate is delivered with each Fluke Hawk C IR window – attached for unique, on-site numbering for rapid location confirmation and faster repairs
- Extensive kit – comes complete with a security access key, installation instructions and self-adhesive drilling template.
The Fluke Hawk C IR windows are designed for use by switchgear manufacturers, utilities, petrochemical and any heavy electrical power user.