Fluke Australia announces the introduction of the OptiFiber Pro OTDR, a new range of handheld optical time domain reflectometers (OTDR) built from the ground up for enterprise fibre testing.
Feature highlights of the new fibre tool include industry-leading trace times, smartphone interface and auto datacentre configuration.
The OptiFiber Pro OTDRs enable users to reduce costs associated with premise fibre testing, while enhancing productivity and improving network reliability.
The smartphone interface creates a new standard for usability for the OptiFiber Pro OTDR, supporting gesture-based commands and technology enhancements that simplify testing in datacentre environments.
According to Wayne Allen, program manager at Fluke Networks, enterprise fibre use is growing at 57% a year, which increases the frequency and importance of fibre testing to minimise issues that can hamper network operations.
Aimed squarely at the challenges faced by enterprise customers today, Fluke Networks’ new OptiFiber PRO tester’s new smartphone interface dramatically reduces the learning curve associated with using an OTDR while the simplified Datacentre Mode will help technicians immediately solve problems in mission critical datacentre environments.
Key features of OptiFiber PRO OTDRs:
- Smartphone user interface minimises the learning curve typically associated with older OTDRs by greatly reducing complexity
- Simplified Datacentre Mode automates the process of setting up test parameters, significantly reducing set-up time and complexity of troubleshooting datacentre problems
- Short event and attenuation dead zones allow testing of connectors and patch cords as short as 0.5m
- Visual presentation of faults shows all fibre events graphically letting any user quickly and easily interpret OTDR trace results
- Built-in project management tools facilitate the assignment and tracking of all fibre testing projects for multiple users, increasing efficiency, enhancing project tracking visibility and enabling cost-effective device sharing
- Upgraded LinkWare management software eases workflow management, integrates test results and keeps the OTDR up-to-date with the latest software