Fluke Australia will be holding a series of thermography courses and seminars in November 2008. Presented by The Snell Group, the courses and seminars will enable attendees to effectively utilise thermal imaging for better business applications of the technology.
Level One Thermography training: This training will provide application instruction for thermographic imaging equipment focusing on inspection of electrical and mechanical systems. The course will also provide a general background into solving thermal problems.
On completion attendees will be accredited ANST level 1 Thermography and will:
- have an understanding of the basic heat theory necessary for all thermal work
- know how to optimise the imaging equipment they have
- be able to use the equipment to conduct more accurate surveys
These skills will let delegates fully incorporate thermography as an inspection method in existing programs to reduce unscheduled downtime, improve system performance and reduce maintenance costs.
The Mining Seminar Series: This will be an interactive seminar focused purely on thermography principles and issues specific to the mining industry.
- the use of thermography and its principles including infrared principles and its pit-falls, emissivity, reflections, convection, heat transfer and how equipment and its surroundings can affect readings.
- establishment of effective inspection routines in both electrical and non-electrical for generating useful reports, reducing fire risk, extending equipment life and increasing return on investment.
- case studies showcasing the use of thermography in mining that improves business through effective electrical and mechanical condition monitoring.