Fluke Corporation, represented by Fluke Australia , have announced a user-downloadable firmware upgrade for the Fluke 8845A/8846A Precision Digital Multimeters that delivers more functionality and value from these instruments.
The Fluke 8845A and 8846A, 6.5 Digit Precision Multimeters have the precision and versatility to handle the most demanding measurements on the bench or in a system. These meters offer high performance and are easy to use.
Users can get more value from their 8845A and 8846A Precision Digital Multimeters by downloading and installing the new Fluke firmware upgrade, which delivers measurement enhancements and new features and functions.
Measurement enhancements of Fluke 8845a/8846a precision digital multimeters include:
- Increased V DC reading rate to 1,000 readings per second, for improved measurement throughput in an ATE system.
- Increased milliamp input range to 400mA, to cover a wider range of measurements through a single input.
- DCV:DCV ratio, making it possible to do relative comparisons of two DC voltage test points; this is useful for determining the voltage balance between two differential circuits, operation amplifier comparator inputs and voltage dividers.
The following are the new features of Fluke 8845a/8846a precision digital multimeters:
- Added I DC and V DC dual measurement, making it easy to calculate power dissipation and simplifying battery power management testing in portable devices.
- Create and store power-up instrument configuration, so users can configure their meter once and keep the setup, even if power is turned off or lost.
- 8842A command emulation, so users can easily replace an old Fluke 8842Ameter.