This combination of properties makes these new infrared thermometers ideal for the harsh conditions faced by technicians in a range of applications, including:
- industrial; and
- facilities maintenance applications.
The 62 Max model has a distance-to-spot ratio of 10:1 and measures temperatures from 30ºC to 500ºC with an accuracy ± 1.5% of the reading. 62 Max+ thermometers have a distance-to-spot ratio of 12:1 and measure 30ºC to 650ºC with an accuracy ± 1.0% of the reading. Both IR thermometers operate on a single AA battery.
An additional benefit of taking temperature measurements using infrared is that the process does not require contact with the surface being measured, ensuring technicians can take measurements from a distance, away from moving machinery or live electrical connections.
Fluke 62 Max/62 Max+ infrared thermometers feature:
- rugged performance: survives 9.8 foot/3 metre drops to wood floors
- water and dust resistance: IP54 rated to withstand rain, splashing liquids, dust and dirt
- small and easy to use: small enough to carry comfortably on a tool belt all day, the digital thermometer measures with a trigger click and the multi-angle, backlit display makes it easy to read; and
- dual lasers (62 MAX+): dual, rotating lasers to accurately identify spot size.