Fluke Australia , a leader in portable electronic test and measurement technology, recently introduced the Fluke 2AC VoltAlert ac non-contact voltage testers. Designed to detect energised circuits and defective grounds, these first-line go/no-go testers are suitable for a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial needs.
When working on or near electrical equipment, professional electricians and amateurs alike should check for the presence of potentially dangerous voltage. Electrical items such as lighting ballasts, manhole covers and sink faucets have the potential to be electrified by defective grounding, creating the risk of an electrical shock. Testing is essential to ensure a formerly-dead circuit has not been re-energised when more than one person is working one a system.
The pocket-sized Fluke 2AC VoltAlert voltage testers allow users to rapidly and conveniently check circuits and equipment to see if live voltage is present. The tip of the pocket-sized tester is designed to glow red when within close proximity of an outlet, terminal strip, or power cord where voltage is present.
Key features and benefits of the Fluke 2AC voltage testers include:
- New always-on feature so it is always ready to use
- Built with special low power circuitry to sustain battery life (typically greater than one year)
- Innovative ‘Battery Check’ button function to ensure battery and unit are in good condition
- Voltage detection from 90 to 1000 V ac
- Category IV 1000 V overvoltage rated product for best-in-class user protection
- Integrated clip design for pocket storage
- Powered by two AAA batteries (included)
- Reliable and rugged design