The ability to measure mA signals for programmable logic controller (PLC) and control system analogue I/O without breaking the loop means that technicians can measure low level DC current, correlate process indication with real physical value and save process downtime.
In addition, technicians can measure output signals from transmitters without breaking the loop, letting them maintain and troubleshoot process or automation equipment without disruption to the process, which further saves process downtime and money on instrumentation professionals.
The Fluke 772 and 773 Milliamp clamp meters feature a detachable clamp with an extension cable, which enables measurements to be taken in tight locations and difficult situations quickly.
The Fluke 772 and 773 Milliamp clamp meters have the following advantages:
- Can source 4 to 20mA signals for testing control system I/O or I/Ps
- Can simulate 4 to 20mA signals for testing control system I/O
- Can measure 4 to 20mA signals with in-circuit measurement
- Can simultaneously measure mA in-circuit with 24 V loop power for powering and testing transmitters
- Can source mA output signals in a linear ramp or 25% step output and automatically change the 4 to 20mA output for remote testing
- Power saving features including auto-off and backlight timeout, which extends battery life
Fluke 773 milliamp clamp meters have the following features:
- DC voltage measurement to verify 24V power supplies or voltage I/O signals
- The ability to source DC voltage to test input devices that accept 1 to 5 volt or 0 to 10 volt signals
- Scaled mA output, which provides a continuous mA signal that corresponds to the 4 to 20mA signal measured by the mA clamp
- mA in/out to simultaneously measure the mA signal with the clamp and source a mA signal
- voltage output linear ramp or 25% step output and automatic changes of the voltage output for remote testing
The Fluke 772 and 773 Milliamp clamp meters are designed for use in process plants, industrial plants, commercial buildings and automotive repair shops.